Ardmore Cliff Stroll
Ardmore Cliff stroll is a phenomenal family-friendly stroll in Ardmore County Waterford. Younger youngsters find it irresistible. We walked this cliff stroll route with our 3 younger kids. The stroll is steep in locations and has one small part with steps. Harmful sections are fenced off.
- 4km loop, Buggy Pleasant (apart from about 15/20 steps. We carried the buggy up these)
- We parked @cliffhousehotel (attempt to begin early as there usually are not many automotive areas)
- Stunning Coastal Views
- Espresso horsebox close to the tip
- It has a highway strolling section- Care required
- Walks previous the spherical tower
Go to Goat Island Seashore after Ardmore Cliff Stroll
Goat Island Seashore It’s close by, such a phenomenal hidden gem with little caves. (The highway down could be very lengthy and slim, I used to be glad I wasn’t driving 🙈🤪)
- Park right here
- Restricted areas
- Very tight entry highway
- Superb little hidden gem of a seashore
Lismore Fortress and Gardens
Lismore Fortress is so stunning and there’s additionally a playground beside the Carpark. The citadel and grounds charges will be seen right here. Our children beloved exploring the gardens and low store treats.
Dromana Gate is a phenomenal Hindu fashion Gothic Gate Lodge. You may park on both aspect of the bridge however be conscious of oncoming visitors whereas strolling throughout it.
That is one among our favorite walks, that we do yearly. Stunning brief flat stroll to the waterfall which can be buggy Pleasant. Be certain that to name in to @crough_coffee earlier than/after for some tasty treats.
- Park right here to stroll right down to Mahon falls (Free)
- Come early on the weekend, that is very busy
- 1.2 km stroll to the bottom of the waterfall
- Buggy friendly- Gravel path
- Have a picnic and dip your toes into the water on the finish
The Waterford Greenway is one among Waterford’s well-known walks and we find it irresistible. Now we have walked the entire greenway earlier than we had youngsters. The Greenway is nice for youths that love bikes and scooters, even when you solely do a small part of it. If so, we suggest strolling by means of the tunnel part and exploring all of the fairy doorways.
It is a practice experience, nice for youths and really enjoyable. They get a bit of map to tick off all of the various things they see alongside the best way, the practice stops for a couple of minutes at a fairy village the place you keep on the practice and preserve an eye fixed out for fairies.
- It value us €25 for 3 of us, youngsters beneath 3 go free
- 10 km practice experience
- Cease to view the fairy village on the best way
- Convey ear muffs for smaller kids- it is extremely loud
Anne Valley Nature and Wildlife Stroll
Anne Valley Wildlife stroll is a phenomenal buggy Pleasant Stroll. We suggest bringing your child’s scooters/bikes. (Grownup bikes not allowed) You may park on both aspect of the walk- Dunhill or Annestown Village. There may be additionally a parking mid-way at Dunhill Fortress. You may climb up into the citadel the place you can be greeted with spectacular views.
The Vee Mountain Move- Bay Lough
Bay Lough on the Knockmealdowns. It is a Beautiful stroll to the lake. You may entry the lake from the highest or backside automotive park. We walked up from the underside automotive park.
- The stroll isn’t buggy pleasant
- It’s steep however our 4-year-old daughter walked all of it
- 500m from the automotive park right here
- Superb lake and really quiet
- 1km from this automotive park right here
We beforehand wrote a weblog submit right here on this so you’ll be able to resolve for your self if it might go well with your loved ones. We hiked the Knockmealdowns in 2017 after we solely had one little hiker to hold. Like all mountains climb with care, on the summit, there’s a drop to at least one aspect, so if it’s foggy then flip round. Have the right gear, navigation and so forth with you. There may be additionally a piece of highway strolling when you do the loop. The views are superb 🤩