Should you’re on the lookout for the perfect locations to remain within the Scenic Rim area of southeast Queensland, I’ve received simply the spot for you!
Fyrefly Retreat in Beechmont is formally my new favourite lodging within the Gold Coast hinterland. Image a tiny home for 4 surrounded by rolling inexperienced hills and grazing cows, with views over a close-by mountain vary from the entrance door. Absolute magic, proper?
See that skyline within the distance, behind the lake? That’s Burleigh!
I’ve stayed in a number of cool and distinctive lodging throughout my travels (bubble tents, bell tents, yurts, penthouses), however in some way it took me this lengthy to remain at my first tiny home.
And boy was it well worth the wait!
The place is Fyrefly Retreat?
Fyrefly Retreat is due west of Burleigh Heads (a few 40 minute drive), and simply south of Canungra (a 20 minute drive). From Brisbane, it’s about an hour and 15 minute drive south. Simply pop ‘Fyrefly Retreat’ into Google Maps and it’ll take you there with out subject.
Beechmont looks like a world away from the town, which is strictly what you need on a weekend getaway to the countryside. Nothing however inexperienced grass, open skies, and an entire lot of cows to see right here. It makes for a superb base from which to discover the Scenic Rim (extra on that later), however whenever you’re glamping or staying in a luxurious tiny home, the lodging itself is usually the vacation spot.
We spent two nights at Fyrefly Retreat and didn’t depart the property as soon as! (Belief me, whenever you see what it appears to be like like there, you gained’t blame me 🙂
As quickly as you flip off the principle highway, you’ll begin traversing the hilly dairy farm on a mud path that appears prefer it’s meant for tractors and 4WDs, reasonably than home company. That’s the beginning of your tiny home journey!
On the finish of this quick monitor, you’ll spot your lodging to the precise. Self check-in is fast and simple with the lockbox, which you’ll be despatched directions for beforehand.
Inside Fyrefly Retreat
One among my favourite issues is that second whenever you step inside what is gonna be a tremendous lodging, for the primary time. You’ve seen images of it, so it’s good – however then you definitely open the door and see it in particular person and it’s SO lovely and particular and also you simply need to run across the place and see EVERYTHING inside.
Yep, that’s 100% what occurred upon arriving at Fyrefly Retreat. And like a child in a sweet retailer, I dashed across the tiny home ooh-ing and ahh-ing at just about the whole lot.
The tiny home has two ranges: the underside ground comprises the lounge, kitchen, and toilet, whereas the highest ground is break up into two bedrooms.
Whenever you stroll inside, you see the lounge first, outfitted with a sofa, throw pillows, TV, electrical heater, work desk/desk, and a set of books and video games. We ended up utilizing it extra as an workplace slash baggage cupboard space, but it surely works properly as a lounge, too.
Subsequent, you’ve gotten the absolutely stocked kitchen. I couldn’t consider how well-equipped it was! Every little thing from utensils to aluminum foil and baking paper to olive oil to all cleansing provides… all you want to convey is your personal meals and drinks, actually.
There’s even a cupboard filled with freebies stocked with chips, tonic water, pasta, and different non-perishables, all complimentary (and particularly glorious for those who’re like us and forgot to convey any snacks in any respect, oops!).
And naturally, there’s tea and low… and even a Nespresso machine with an assortment of pods to make use of.
Additionally within the kitchen is a combo washer/dryer unit and a full measurement fridge/freezer. It’s unimaginable how they’ve managed to suit a lot into such a small area!
And that’s the great thing about tiny homes: it’s a must to get artistic with methods to maximise area. Having a plethora/number of cupboard space makes it so that you simply don’t have issues taking on what little ground area or counter area there’s. Fyrefly makes use of cupboards, cabinets, and containers for storage all through.
Rob and Chrissy (the house owners and masterminds behind Firefly) are absolute magicians, not simply with making such nice use of the area but additionally with adorning it. The entire place appears to be like cohesive from high to backside, and in some way manages to really feel each homey and splendid. Extra on what impressed me essentially the most within the subsequent part!
The luxe-yet-cozy rest room manages to suit a bathe, bathroom, sink, and huge bathtub tub. Top quality toiletries, towels, and robes are offered.
THIS BATH TUB THOUGH. Isn’t she beautiful?! Extremely suggest having a golden hour soak, when the sunshine is good and the shadows from the blinds and vines are dancing across the tub. It’s positively among the finest views I’ve ever loved from a shower.
Upstairs, there’s a staircase resulting in the master suite, and a ladder main as much as the dual bed room. The ceiling is low, so you possibly can’t actually get up in both room – however do you actually need to? (We didn’t 🙂
Each rooms have their very own TV, making it 3 TVs in complete within the tiny home. The main bedroom boasts a skylight proper above the mattress for late night time stargazing.
Oh and bonus: Fyrefly Retreat runs totally off photo voltaic and is about up for off-grid residing. We love a sustainable lodging!
Some Cool/Random Issues At Fyrefly Retreat
I needed to name out among the actually cool particulars and options included into the Fyrefly Retreat tiny home that make it actually distinctive and spectacular. I’m positive there’s lots extra that I didn’t discover/discover on my go to, however listed here are just a few that basically wowed me:
- Fairy lights inside glass bottles – I’m formally stealing this concept for my subsequent residence! Who would’ve thought to fill a glass bottle with a string of tiny, battery-operated fairy lights? It appears to be like so cool, particularly at night time.
- Matching tiles – The lavatory ground tiles jogged my memory of the colourful tiles in Seville, Spain, which I cherished. Even higher: the tiles behind the range and the knob on the cupboard door beneath the sink match them! It actually pulls the house collectively and makes it really feel that rather more fancy.
- Pop-up outlet – Whereas cooking, I noticed a plastic circle embedded within the picket countertop and puzzled what it was. Seems, you possibly can pull up on it and out comes a mini outlet strip for plugging in home equipment. Such a nifty option to keep away from having so many cords strung throughout a small area.
- Fold-up TV – Have you ever ever used a fold-up TV? I hadn’t both, till now. At Fyrefly, they save area by having the TV display screen folded up near the ceiling simply contained in the entrance door. Whenever you need to watch one thing, you merely pull it down. Bloody sensible!
- Bathtub salts – These can be found as an add-on to your keep at Fyrefly and let me let you know that they’re a MUST. I’ve by no means smelled a nicer-smelling bathtub salt (mmm lavender).
- Transportable speaker – We cherished utilizing this whereas taking a shower, but additionally might have used it outdoors (e.g. whereas having a campfire).
- Skylight in mattress – There’s a skylight with a retractable cowl simply above the grasp mattress, which you management through a change within the headboard. Good for stargazing as you go to sleep in mattress!
Exterior Fyrefly Retreat
The entrance yard serves as an extension to the tiny home with all its seating choices. Don’t really feel like consuming inside on the small desk subsequent to the kitchen? Deliver your meals outdoors and revel in it on the lengthy picket desk as an alternative. Need to learn your e book or sip your drink with a view? Sit on one of many two picket lounge chairs dealing with the mountains.
I don’t find out about you, however I’m a woman who loves having choices!
There may be additionally a hearth pit with 2 benches outdoors of the tiny home, which comes outfitted with wooden, fireplace starters, and lighters – actually the whole lot you want to begin a hearth, so no have to convey your personal provides. They even present marshmallows for roasting!
Sadly we didn’t get to have a hearth whereas we have been there as a result of we found a little bit too late that the lighters didn’t work 🙁 Ah properly, subsequent time for positive!
Oh and let’s not neglect all of the cows you’ll see across the property! They do come up very near the fence, so positively be sure you hold the gate closed always. I cherished searching the window or door and with the ability to see no less than one cow at just about all instances through the day. At sure instances, we might spot a dozen or so hanging out in a herd simply outdoors the fence.
Window or portray?
Issues To Do Close to Fyrefly Retreat
Should you can handle to pry your self away from this superb tiny residence within the Gold Coast, there’s loads of adventures available close by the property (lots of that are listed on Fyrefly’s web site).
- The Flying Bean Cafe – the closest place to seize espresso and a chew to eat (only a few minutes down the highway)
- Paratech Paragliding – $199 for a tandem flight (or alternatively, you possibly can watch paragliders float over the hills close by, with out having the depart the property!)
- Binna Burra – ~15-20 minutes up the highway. Much like O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat in that it serves as a mountaineering hub. There’s a smattering of rainforest hikes you are able to do from right here.
- O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards – ~half-hour away and properly value a cease for a day picnic and wine tasting (we stopped right here earlier than we stayed at Fyrefly)