Prime 10 Tricks to forestall Ticks or “tick tacks” as our ladies name them 😆
Final yr I checked out a really informative stay chat between @rozannapurcell and @ticktalkireland over on @thehikelife web page all about Ticks, Lyme Illness and what to do in the event you discovered one on you or your pet.
Our Climbing Tick historical past with Youngsters
I beforehand had by no means come throughout a Tick in all my years of climbing, enjoying sports activities and outside actions and I wouldn’t have recognized what to do if I did. Quick ahead a couple of months after watching the @ticktalkireland video and each our ladies had a tick on their tummies, at the exact same time 🤢.
Fortunately we had our tick removers, froze the ticks in a zipper lock bag, disinfected the realm and watched out for all of the indicators of Lyme Illness. Thank God, they had been each good and now we have by no means come throughout one since 🙏
Photos of the Ticks
Under I’ll share some suggestions and data, however to be taught extra observe @ticktalkireland
The image above is the very place the place the ladies obtained the ticks, strolling by means of the lengthy grass, their tops should have lifted and the ticks latched onto their tummies.
What do Ticks appear to be?
Image 2 above exhibits the Tick buried headfirst into our child’s tummy 🤢🙈
What to make use of to take away Tick?
The above image exhibits #ourlittlehikers repellent bracelet. We discover the bracelet excellent and he or she loves carrying it.
The best way to Stop Ticks on People whereas Climbing
- Use a Repellent Spray. I spray all our climbing boots, baggage and equipment earlier than a Hike.
- When you may put on pants, tuck them into your socks and tuck your t-shirts into your pants too.
- Attempt to keep away from lengthy grass in the event you can (though they may also be briefly grass and woodland areas)
- Strive strolling within the centre of the woodland paths
- When attainable, attempt to sit in your climbing bag, pad, blanket (shake it out afterwards) or a stone when having picnics.
- Do a fast Tick Test earlier than entering into the automotive to go house.
- When you discover a tick, don’t panic, use your tick remover (we preserve ours in a zipper lock bag in our 1st help package in our Climbing bag)
- Take away the tick with the tick remover by getting near the pores and skin the place the pinnacle is hooked up and easily pull in an upwards course, then disinfectant the realm and your palms.
- Place the tick in a ziplock bag and write the title of the individual, date and placement on the bag and put it into your freezer if you get house. By placing the tick in a zipper lock bag within the freezer it will assist lots in the event you begin to develop any signs within the coming days like flu signs or typically not all the time a rash can seem or a bulls-eye rash. If this occurs name your Physician and they’ll do blood checks, check the frozen tick for any ailments like Lyme Illness and possibly provide you with antibiotics and so on.
- Get a bathe if you’re house out of your hike and do a greater tick verify. Be certain to verify the next locations
- legs, ankles
- behind the knees
- across the waistline, bellybutton
- Again of neck, hairline, inside and behind the ears.
Test your Canines for Ticks
Additionally, make sure to verify your animals too.
I’m no professional in Ticks, so to be taught extra or you probably have any questions take a look at @ticktalkireland